Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Already


October really wasn't ever here, I feel. So much has happened this month that I blinked and its already two weeks until November! So when my daughter asked me in her so charming way "Mom can we decorate for Hallo (as she calls it)". I really couldn't say no but needed a project that I could tackle in a short amount of time. Soooo, I took my entry table and turned into our "scary candy bar". It really was a mom and daughter tag team effort which all in all was the best part. She was totally into it until half way through glittering this little guy or should I say his "head". We made him out of paper mache, used foam brush, lot's of Aleene's decoupage matte glue, and our choice was orange glitter. Messy but fun to make and the spider was a last minute hot glue add. Everything else was a collection of things around the house and leftover Halloween from 2010. We did pick up fall colored candy and eyeballs aka gumballs for our apothecary jars. We did use our Michael's coupon and bought a 9" plastic pumpkin, sprayed it black and added black fine glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment